This comprehensive 2 hour tour entails the historiical, diverse and colorful sites of the Castro neighborhood that include the Gold Rush, civil rights leader, Harvey Milk, the Rainbow Honor Walk and beyond!
- Early San Francisco and Castro history
- The Harvey Milk Plaza, former camera shop and Civil Rights Academy
- Pink Triangle Memorial Park remembering homosexuals persecuted in WWII
- AIDS Quilt Names Project's original site and plaque
- "Hope for World Cure" mural
- Twin Peaks Tavern and Castro Theatre
- The Leonard Matlovich, Vietnam Vet plaque
- The "Rainbow Honor Walk" project honoring famous GLBT's in history
|Days:||Monday - Saturday|
|Time:||10:00am - 12:00pm|
|Where:||Tours meet at the Rainbow Flag pole at the corner of Castro & Market Street above the Harvey Milk Plaza and the Castro MUNI underground rail station and across from the "F" Line street car.|
|Cost:||$30 Adult & $25 Child (5yrs-12yrs)|
For additional tours, please check our calendar for the latest updates
Cruisin' the Castro Walking Tours specializes in Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual and Transgender history and culture.
Our services include both private tours and customized groups that can accommodated up to 200 people. Contents and tour routes are suitable for students of all ages, seniors, special interest groups and LGBT organizations.
For more information contact: Kathy Amendola at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 255-1821